Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some thoughts about the budget..

This week I was asked where in the budget I will look for ways to save on cost.
Below is the Question and my answer to it.


In the face of an extra tight FY2011 budget year, where in the budget will you look for cost savings?

I would start looking for cost savings at the top at City Hall. The new Mayor and Board of Alderman are due a large raise at the first of the year. Instead of taking the whole amount I propose taking a 25% increase per year over 4 years that would save the tax payers $100,000 over the first 3 years. We must as the new Mayor and Board of Alderman set the example for the citizens of the city. I am sure there are other ways we can save that will come up as we sit and go over it line for line once we are in office.



Of course I am still looking over the budget. I am sure there are many other places where there is room for a little trimming.
I welcome your thoughts on this as well as sharing any ideas you may also wish to share.

Have a Great Day

No comments:

Post a Comment