Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Questions from Community

I welcome any and all Questions and will share the answers here.
So if you want to know more or have a concern and want my thoughts ASK me.


This is a Question sent to the Frederick News Post that I replied to recently

What is your position on the Neighborhood Advisory Councils (NACs)?

My answer was as follows

My position on the Neighborhood Advisory Councils is that every neighborhood should have one. We need to get more people in our neighborhoods involved in our NAC's. If we have more people working closely with each other, the Police Force, and Elected Officials we can start cutting crime in our neighborhoods. It takes Involvement, and I would love to see more involvement brought back to Frederick’s neighborhoods. When you get one another involved, watching out for, helping and caring about our neighbors how is that not a great thing for the safety and well being of our neighborhoods, families and our homes.


I was only given 100 words or less in my response to the FNP. I however want to add more than that here on my blog. I want to add that there used to be a time when Frederick Citizens knew and cared about their neighbors. They helped one another and watched out for each other’s homes and families. That type of neighborhood is no longer with us but I believe with the NAC in each neighborhood this could help bring that safety and caring back. Add to that the Police force assistance at the meetings and in our neighborhoods as well as the Elected Officials we can than change our Neighborhoods for the better we can have it again where we know one another and help one another. We can have the officers who patrol our area know who lives where and be friendly with the neighbors and this will in effect help them be better able to do their job of protecting us.
The only negative thing about having a Neighborhood Advisory Council is that we have so few neighbors willing to get involved in them on many occasions and I would hope to see that change.




As Always Please feel free to send me questions and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment