Saturday, September 5, 2009

Be Aware when you vote

Please watch the meeting at City Hall on channel 99 of The Mayor and Board of Alderman regarding annexation that was held on Sept. 3rd 2009.
I asked the outgoing Mayor and one outgoing Alderman (Marcia Hall) and the 4 Alderman candidates who may or may not make it through the primary on Sept 15th to please not vote on the 3 annexations that night. I asked them to please table the vote until Oct.
I feel they should have not obligated a new Mayor and Board of Alderman to their dreams and choices. If this is so important to the city why was it not done a year ago?
I also have issues with the fact that two of our current Alderman were dozing during the meeting. Both of these people are in fact running to stay in office yet they seem to find the choices made about our City to be boring or possibly not important enough for them to stay awake and pay attention. I can assure you that I do care enough and I will not be sleeping on the job if I get your Vote.

Another thing I found to be questionable that evening was the fact that while many of those running for Mayor and Alderman did in fact attend the meeting which I applaud them for doing since it well is possibly going to affect them down the road. I however cannot understand why they did not give any input into the choices made or the discussion at all. They gave no feedback or public comments regarding anything that night. Why not? This will after all affect them if they win the election. Is it that they cannot think that far ahead? Is it that they have not bothered to even read up on what is happening? Possibly it was that they had not prepared a written comment?
In reality the only two people that got up and spoke were John Daniels and I. Amazing we are also 2 of the 3 who got our Campaign reports right. That should tell you something right there. We pay attention and we care and we are informed.
We care about what may or may not come down the road and effect our City please keep that in mind on the 15th.
Please when you go to Vote on Sept 15th please look at all the games that are already being played in city hall now and all the future game players running for office again.
Please be sure to give a Lot of thought before you vote and make sure that the candidates you vote for really care about the residents and business owners of this City. Let’s take politics out of City Hall and put real caring truthful people in these offices.
As usual please include me in your prayers and come out on the 15th and give me your vote.
I promise I will not let you down.

As always feel free to comment or email me with any feedback concerns or questions.

John W Shupe
Candidate for Alderman of Frederick City

No comments:

Post a Comment